OpinioNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OpinioNation

where your nation is opinionated.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Senior Citizens behind the wheel !!

Go down 
+2
superserpen6
pabloakasean
6 posters
AuthorMessage
pabloakasean

pabloakasean

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Senior Citizens behind the wheel !! Empty
PostSubject: Senior Citizens behind the wheel !!   Senior Citizens behind the wheel !! EmptyWed 20 Jun 2007, 1:57 am

I know we have all had this happen when were trying to get somewhere quick an old person pulls out in front of you and drives really slow. I know I have this happen to me a lot and I hate it.

So heres what i think should happen :

I think that at the age of 65 the need to take the driving test over again as if they were 16 even the written part. and if they pass then they still have there license still. and then every ten year after the 65 (75,85....and so on) the need to tested again. And if something happens (crash...ect.) then there license is taken away for good. For example my great grandfather is 83 and a couple months ago he drove his car into a plate glass window of a convenient store. I don’t think he should have his license anymore. (yes he is fine and he doesn’t have his license anymore)

So I want to here what you guys have to say !!
Back to top Go down
superserpen6

superserpen6

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Senior Citizens behind the wheel !!   Senior Citizens behind the wheel !! EmptyWed 20 Jun 2007, 2:23 am

so i agree because senior citizens do get annoying and i agree that at the age of 65 that we should have to retake the test

but just remember this will the test make them speed up at all also one day u will be old too
Back to top Go down
pabloakasean

pabloakasean

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: Senior Citizens behind the wheel !!   Senior Citizens behind the wheel !! EmptyWed 20 Jun 2007, 7:20 am

well when im old if i cant pass a driving test then i shouldnt be driving
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Senior Citizens behind the wheel !!   Senior Citizens behind the wheel !! EmptyFri 29 Jun 2007, 1:21 am

i agree pablo
Back to top Go down
https://opinionation.editboard.com
ChRiStSdRuMmErr

ChRiStSdRuMmErr

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Senior Citizens behind the wheel !!   Senior Citizens behind the wheel !! EmptySun 01 Jul 2007, 1:05 am

Yes its true that you shouldnt drive when you are older because your reactions are slower, but sometimes that is the only transportion available o them.. there isn't a bus in every city you know. And especially in old people they hav a greatr chance of having a dead partner which means they are alone and have to fend for themselves. Ihave a great grandfather whjo is 94 years old and HE STILL DRIVES He does it though so he can keep food on the table and give money to the rest of the family at the same time. Thats what i hate about some people, never think of the otther person just thereselves... Put yourself in that old mans loafers... it will be different by a mile. and you will relieze their life is tougher then anything you have.

PUT YOURSELF IN THEIR SHOES
Back to top Go down
opinionated

opinionated

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Senior Citizens behind the wheel !!   Senior Citizens behind the wheel !! EmptyTue 24 Jul 2007, 1:36 pm

ChRiStSdRuMmErr wrote:
Yes its true that you shouldnt drive when you are older because your reactions are slower, but sometimes that is the only transportion available o them.. there isn't a bus in every city you know. And especially in old people they hav a greatr chance of having a dead partner which means they are alone and have to fend for themselves. Ihave a great grandfather whjo is 94 years old and HE STILL DRIVES He does it though so he can keep food on the table and give money to the rest of the family at the same time. Thats what i hate about some people, never think of the otther person just thereselves... Put yourself in that old mans loafers... it will be different by a mile. and you will relieze their life is tougher then anything you have.

PUT YOURSELF IN THEIR SHOES

Wooow. Exactly the underlying problem. Seniors shouldn't be given permission to drive if they can't, even in that circumstance. If a man that old still must do that, he needs to be helped instead of putting himself and others at risk. But I do like the idea of different tests and stuff. It should occur.
Back to top Go down
awesomeman

awesomeman

Number of posts : 201

PostSubject: Re: Senior Citizens behind the wheel !!   Senior Citizens behind the wheel !! EmptyMon 10 Sep 2007, 11:03 am

I agree with pablo, except every 5 years should be teh test. I dont care if he needs to put food on the table, he should still have to take the test again. Youu are a danger to yourself if yiou cant drive
Back to top Go down
http://awesomepeople.owns.it
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Senior Citizens behind the wheel !!   Senior Citizens behind the wheel !! Empty

Back to top Go down

Senior Citizens behind the wheel !!
Page 1 of 1